Friday, June 6, 2014

Stitching ... good for my soul

A bit ago I received the most thoughtful gift from my "She Matters Soul Sister" Michelle - in her little package of original little art pieces she made - was this little stitched pouch with these Brave Girl River stones inside.  I have been enchanted with this little pouch ... there was a time where I did a bit of embroidery and seeing this little piece of work had me digging into my supplies to find my embroidery floss and felt.  :)

One of my new Instagram friends Sandra @sandieloves2art put out a call to her instagram friends to help her fill her beautiful big canvas full of hearts #igheartcanvas  - What a cool idea and as the hearts are only 3' big - not a big time commitment - I decided I wanted to send Sandie some hearts too!
But what?  The possibilities were really endless but then I thought since I want to do some stitching what better idea than to start with doing some little hearts, and then maybe send Sandie a couple of those!  :)

So I started with felt hearts and have started to do a little flower pattern on them - so far some of my finished ones.  :)



Tried adding a ribbon flower to this last one and actually really pleased with the finished look.  :)

Having fun doing something a little different - very portable and can sit and stitch easily while watching my shows or chatting with my guys.

****
Oh and Sandra has posted another swap on Instagram with the hash tag #happyIGheartswap where we will start to get some hearts back for our own little project.  So excited because I am going to participate in this one also, and maybe start on my own studio heart canvas.  :)  So cool.

thanks for looking,
Sherri :)

No comments: