Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sitting here pondering .....

This is one of my favorite times of the day I believe, on the weekend - cup of java, sitting here doing a little surfing of my fave scrapbooking places to be, my house quiet and hushed. The only thing that would make this better is if it were a summer's morning and I was sitting out on my deck in the sunshine. :-) Or visiting my sisters and sitting with them outside or in the kitchen sharing a coffee and a chat.

Life has been a tumble of stresses lately but I am hoping that I am coping with some of them and then on we go. Alot of what happens in life is just out of our hands, that for me is sometimes the scary part, I am not a control freak but I do like to see what is coming at me - and I find in the last half year or more I haven't. Therefore it has thrown me off my axis and I have made unwise decisions but also good ones, I don't have any regrets I just want to learn and move on strong.

My bossman's fight with cancer has really thrown me for a loop, I have been with this company for almost 9 years, I work for a husband wife team - and they are more than employers - they are work family - if that makes sense. I mean most of us have people in our lives fighting one form of this disease or another, I even have family members also at this time also very ill, I think with my bossman it is because it is in front of me everyday. I spend more time with these people than I do with my family, they are very special people to me.

I am looking forward to being at my retreat this time next week, though I would like to get some scrapping done haha, since that is why we are out there - I am looking forward to just the break - only two days but very needed. I am going to take a deep breathe before I walk into the building and just let it all go - just for a couple days - totally relax and just enjoy some time away.

I got a new do on Friday, my little stylist has been doing my hair for years now and I pretty well let her do whatever, and I needed a different change, something brand new. It's kinda cut so it goes longer in the front and then shorter in the back so I can flip it up, I think it will be fun because seems as if I can change the look, and not get stuck into styling it one way as I have been. I am also about to color it, right this morning! haha and again I am going to try something different - go two or three shades lighter - and then chunk it in areas with a different color - haha will let you know if it turns out. I just need some big changes in my life that I can control - does that make sense? And my hair seemed like the most logical place to start.

I know it is already March but I so need for this to be a good year, it has started so rough and there is alot of scary things coming up including my bossman starting his chemo next week, my heart and prayers are with him - so I really need a few fun and exciting and happy things in life also. One my hair, two my retreat and on we go.

Thanks for letting me share - hope all who read this have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry to hear about the rough patches ...keep your chin up. Surround yourself with the people and things that make you happy. Starting with your hair is perfect...been thinking that about myself too actually. You also have the retreat to look forward too. Positive thoughts for your boss and for you..try not to worry too much. Take care and thank you for sharing with us.

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Hi Sherri,
I am saddened to hear about the troubles in your life. Sometimes it sure doesn't seem like it, but we are only given as much as we can handle. From meeting you, I know that you are a gentle, kindhearted woman who truly cares about the people you come in contact with. I know that you will get through this, and life will get better, and it will go on. It is extremely hard to see someone you are close to suffer through cancer or any other sickness, and you are a stronger person for being able to love and support them. I will be praying for you and for your boss.
Keep smiling - it always helps!