Friday, October 19, 2007

And life ticks on .....

I have been jumping in and reading blogs ~ thank you so much for those of you who have updated in the last century haha, some of us don't update till something major happens, or just have let their blogs go entirely. I don't always have time to sign in and comment, but I really enjoy taking a quick read about how things are going.

It was great to read all the success stories from Trisha's Cropping for Kids event in West Edmonton Mall this last weekend. She and all her many helpers did a fine job, I have heard some great comments about it, and glad that all her hard work and the work of her friends and co workers paid off. Way to go!

Okay now this gal here is going through a bit of a mini meltdown haha, and I am surprised at myself actually ~ I am turning 40 in a couple weeks and though I keep saying it's no big deal it's only a number etc etc. I find myself having little mini meltdowns lately, and it has put me into a deep think more than once, thinking about where I am in life, how my family and friend relationships are developing and growing, and where I want to be going in life.

I am so pleased that I started joining some friends on a regular monthly basis to do a little scrapbooking together, though our Friday night crops seem to be more full of food, laughter and chatting, it is very very good for my soul ~ I feel very blessed to have these wonderful people in my life, and look forward to spending more time with them in the future. I so enjoyed Andrea joining us at the last Urban crop evening, she is a hoot ~ and fits in very nicely with our laugh more than cut group haha.

I am starting back to my Simply Suppers sessions - to find out more about what that go to www.simplysupper.ca so I am really looking forward to that also. I need some help in the supper creativity department and this fits the bill nicely.

I so enjoy my little get outs and visits with my friend Dawn, though I wouldn't want to get too mushy about it haha ~ those hours I can steal her away from her hubby and little guy are so looked forward to. We lose track of time, and never seem to run out of convo ~ and really that time is special and precious to me. I haven't always had good coffee friends, and it has only been a handful of years that I have been scrapbooking ~ and I can't say enough that some of the ladies I have met through this hobby we call art ~ are very important parts of my day, and I feel blessed.

As you can see my age is also making me thoughtful haha, already starting to drift off into reminicing hee hee. Honestly tonight is Friday, it is the night of our crop at the Urban ~ and I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than sitting among this group of ladies and sharing our days, laughing at everything, and refilling our souls up to get back at it.

And Laura ~ I do hope we can figure a time for you to come and join us soon, maybe out to a Saturday crop in Sherwood Park (the free one that has started up again) hee hee - You would so enjoy yourself, and I would love to meet you face to face!

Take care all and have a great weekend!
hugs

3 comments:

MonaS! said...

hey girlie - finally found your blog! I'm only a couple of years behind ya, so I can feel the meltdown. I am already thinking that way and I am only 37. You'll have to make it a special one.

Laura said...

Hey Sherri...thanks for the update.
Well, I don't think that age has anything to do with what and how you're feeling because I feel that way too and am not quite mid 30...lol!
Hope you had a great time at Urban and I am trying to get to the crop in SP...it's just the last one was Thanksgiving and with my sons hockey schedule this year, I don't know if I'll get to any crops till Spring...it is seriously crazy (he's on the A team and there is much more expected than in previous years and I'm not used to it) but I will keep trying as I really want to get there and meet you too!

Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Dawn said...

O.k...I promise to update my blog this weekend, seriously I will.
I also found myself assessing things when my birthday rolled around, and some of it didn't seem too great, so I know what you are going through. As for coffee...no mushiness, of course, but they are important to me too. Have a great weekend :)