Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School soon to start ......

Yippeeeeee! that is what I say to that haha, I will be glad for September to roll in and life to take a bit of a slow down to more of a routine. There is some huge concerns in my life about people I care about right now but also I have some awesome things I am involved in, so it is a balancing act of late the emotion side but I am trying to be as positive about things as I can be, life will continue to tick on won't it?

I am pleased on a whole about how well the summer went, and on we go ....... I am now starting to countdown the days until my 40th Bday in November, yep yep the big 40 is upon me. Somedays I can not believe it, where did all those years go? slip by me? ~ Have I enjoyed them enough? ~ well don't know about that, but I do intend to spend more time enjoying life and learning about me and what I need to be happy in the next 4o!!!!

I have so enjoyed getting together with the girls and going cropping at the Urban a few times in the last months, those nights are full of laughter and just a total de~stress time for me. Laura, we are planning another meetup at the Urban on September 21st, not sure if this would fit your schedule at all, but I would love to meet you. I need to get my butt down there and register myself, it fills up fast and I should have done so at the last crop night ~ yikes. Some of us are also planning to be at the first Scrapalicious in Sherwood Park on October 6th, which is a Saturday ~ it runs from 12-10pm.

I can't stress enough how awesome it is that Tammy had the great idea of starting up a CJ between a bunch of us gals ~ stressing this is a new experience for me, I am enjoying the idea already. I got to meet some new friends at the crop at the Urban on Friday night ~ from our CJ group ~ Janine and Cori. Others Lea and Ki ~ and then the rest of the gals I know and have met before, or cropped with, or coffee~d with :-) Tammy, Kelsey, Dawn, Marguerite, Trisha and Andrea ~ it was great to chat with everyone a little and looking forward to doing some more cropping and visiting together. Love the idea of it being a hand off journal, because then it all becomes even more personal ~ and we get to visit with each other too! In fact it has me so hooked I think I am going to do another one, that is in the process of being organized ~ haha sites, blogs, facebook, circle journals I am hooked. :-)

It also has inspired me to think of doing a very special gift for my grandparents ~ I usually don't do the give away scrapbooking gifts ~ but scrapbooking an 8x8 album for this CJ has inspired me ..... so more to come on how that goes.

Scrapbooking and the friends I have made through this art have become a very important part of what I consider to be the "good" in life and what keeps me trucking. So on we go ....... story to be continued haha.

Have an awesome Wednesday everyone!
hugs :-)

P.S. ~ oh and if you haven't yet ~ if you get a chance to browse the new Canadian Scrapbooker magazine that just came out ~ there is an awesome article on pages 126-127 about my friend Kelly's business ~ Memories in Motion, awesome article. She's such a super STAR!!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Sherri, Thanks for the heads up regarding Urban...will see what the calendar has on it as hockey starts the 17. Scrapalicious sounds good too...I'll make one for sure so we can meet finally. Glad to hear you have enjoyed your summer...it sure flew by hey! I like your plan for the next 40 years too by the way.
Have a good week. Take care.