Friday, August 17, 2007

Flying by .....

this summer seems to be ~ just whizzing by, but I do have to say that on the whole I have tried to enjoy this summer more ~ and really take stock of what makes me happy. I have been in such a thoughtful mood lately ~ almost a funk, so much happening in life ~ ups and downs that somedays it seems almost overwhelming to put things into perspective. It's been such a long time since I have updated my blog that I don't know where to begin ~ so maybe a few of the sad out of the way first. Cancer ~ such a sad word that really has been tearing families apart around me lately, including my own. My dear Uncle is now at the end of his fight with his cancer, it will be a matter of weeks now, my grandparents arrived yesterday to spend some time with him, and while it will be wonderful to see them (it has been a few years) it is also sad that this is the reason for their visit. I really find it harder to watch how it is affecting my mom and my aunt ~ I don't see my uncle as he is just too sick now to want visitors at all (outside of my grandparents and his siblings) and I feel for them. Of course I know many people who are affected with the very same thing happening in their families, and I say a silent prayer for all ~ the saddest thing I think to say is that it is the way of life ~ cruel but so true that you can not find many families not touched in some way by this illness.

My son did not get to go on his trip to Germany, as it had to be cancelled at the deadline date in June ~ it left alot of disappointed kids, coaches, and parents ~ but we have all gone on with our summer plans, slightly changed haha, and there will be other opportunities in the future. My Alex has filled his summer, he has a new girlfriend ~ and she has been welcomed into the family and he has been in hers, it is good to see him with someone who they realize the value in treating each other well. He just got a new job as well, and will be joining the working force soon ~ though he won't be working alot of hours with school and sports once again starting, it will help him save towards goals and give him a little spending money.

I am sad to say one of my close friends, Kelly-Ann, is moving away this weekend to Calgary. I feel a little lost letting her go, haha like I had a choice ~ but we are going to try and keep in close touch and with both of us determined I am hoping it will be a success. I was so happy to be able in the last week spend some really quality time with her, and I am going to miss my "kick up my heels" and go dancing partner in crime, but she promises she will be back for regular visits and we will go from there!

Let's see on to some happy happy things:
I have been getting out and spending some quality time with friends, and scrapbooking divas that make me laugh. Last night had coffee again with Dawn, loved it ~ we have a good ol' catty time hee hee, actually I just feel very at ease with her and we spend the time just relaxing and chatting (complaining hee hee maybe) about our kids haha, or just sharing stories of their wild (and sometimes crazy) ways, and dreaming up some fun stuff ourselves. Our little coffee diversion evenings have become a real treat, and I love being able to sneek away for a couple hours and just chill ~ and then last night she sent me back to work haha. I was able to visit with my good school friend Tammy the other day, she is down visiting from Calgary ~ so we went out for supper and a good long catch up, I have managed to get the woman on facebook ~ but as she isn't totally comfortable with her computer yet she is still a learner :-) Which is alright ~ she is getting more and more into keeping in touch this way, and it is certainly nice to do that.

I have recently taken on a Circle Journal with a circle of friends, my very very first one ~ so while a bit nervous, I am also totally pumped and getting into the idea. A few of the gals in this circle journal I have attended a few crops this summer with, and they have been a hoot! Much needed down time and lots of laughter ~ I am looking forward to getting to know the other gals that are joining us in the journal, and also to the crop next Friday night to do our first PASS OFF !!!!!!

I also have been invited by my friend Kelly and her DT Co-ordinator Patty to be a guest designer for Kelly's site Memories in Motion and her new kit of the month she has started up. Check out her new and awesome site !!!!
http://www.memoriesinmotionscrapbooking.com/memshop/

So I am very nervous about this as well, but it is nice at this time in my life to have some fun and interesting things to be involved in. Scrapbooking really for the most part calms me and makes me happy ~ and we can all use a bit of happy in our days I say!!!!

My mom and her honey Ron bought themselves a nice 5th wheeler this summer, and my son and I have been able to join them at the lake a couple times this summer ~ that has been heaven. I really have enjoyed those weekends, they have also been instrumental in keeping us all sane and happy ~ as they are so relaxing and just away from everything. I love it, and it makes me wish I had a little trailer of my own so I could go out even more, hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm maybe something for me to plan for in the future!

Well the summer has been full ~ and school is approaching and then I hope that life settles into a calmer routine ~ but again we take it all as it comes.

I hope that you are all enjoying your summers,
hugs
Sherri :-)

2 comments:

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Wow Sherri!
You have a lot going on.
We recently lost Jason's uncle to cancer. Does it ever get around - I wish it would just stop and leave people be.
Congratulations on the Design Team spot! wow!! that is cool!
Sad to hear your partner in crime is moving away. From the sounds of it, you were super close so I don't see how you couldn't keep in touch!!
Good for Alex! He's sure growing up to be a good man isn't he??
Anyways, just wanted to pop on & say Hi - have a great Sunday! See you on Friday!!!

Dawn said...

I always look forward to our "coffee chats", but me complain...never...rofl!!! I should've kicked my own butt into action, apparently I can talk the talk, but not walk the walk...ack!
Love the work you did for the design team! I still think you should join the design team permanently, just my two cents. Can't wait until Friday...see you soon:)