Monday, May 7, 2007

The awesome weekend !

Well what can I say - I think this was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time! Didn't get as much scrapbooking done as I would like, but I will just have to continue with doing the challenges online - there is still alot of things I would like to do, just didn't have time. I have to say this tournament of my ds - well it was the best one I have ever been too, and that is in all the years of watching him play anything.

Handball - for those of you who are not familiar with this sport - it is a team sport played on a basketball court, with nets about half the size of a soccer net, and really a ball that looks like half the size of a soccer ball just more colorful. The players put a stickum all over their hands (it's very tacky stuff) so that the ball sticks to their hands. They can dribble, mostly they take their steps and there is alot of succession (passing the ball inbetween them) till they are placed along the crease in front of the net, and they hurl the ball at the goalie. The other team is allowed to block the players from trying to make shots, and (though it sounds violent) there is alot of controlled holding and hitting going on. But not to inflict pain more so to stop the other's team successions and just get in the way, haha. The game is non stop action, two halfs at 20 min per - so the game goes quickly and from the first whistle it is seriously non stop. I love it.

Well after three days and 6 games - our kids brought home the provincial GOLD - it was very exciting - honestly it came down to the last second of play - the very last second - it was such an exciting game, and by the end had the crowd on their feet.

haha and I am exhausted - my son laughs at me as he is a pile of bruises and bumps and he actually played, and I am the one so tired today I am having a hard time keeping awake haha.

It was the best weekend in a long long time. Oh yes and I am proud to say that my ds was selected by Team Alberta to go to the Nationals in Germany this summer, it is all very exciting, and I have to figure out how to get him a passport etc. I hope whatever you all got up to this weekend it was full of great memories!

2 comments:

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Wow! Handball sounds ... fun!!

Laura said...

Congrats to your DS Sherri, that is sooo cool! You must be a very proud Mom right now!! Sounds like an exciting game to watch too.
Have a great rest of the week!