Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Near-perfect ME :)

I have fallen into a bit of a funk lately ... I think that the weather outside has alot to do with things ... our endless winter that is dragging me down and alot of my friends that I connect with everyday. Spring needs to come ... Spring is always a time of renew ... of action ... of a promise of longer and warmer days, green grass, more energy and opportunities to get out and enjoy life more. I have also been struggling with my health of late - a little frustrated with my body, have gained weight to the point of my dress clothes being uncomfortable ~ and have more tests scheduled in late spring to see if I can get back on track. So I have been less than thrilled with the woman in the mirror, a touch emotional and very hard on myself because of not feeling like I am "getting it right" - that I am not where I want to be and feel that I am disappointing others.


I love this picture of my dear friend Kelly - it shows her beautiful silly and playful side - and I think sometimes we lose that in our daily "deal" of life. This picture of her inspires me - and it always makes me smile. She wrote a new blog post the other day that really spoke to me - about perfectionism.

blog.mykellyf.com/2011/03/18/do-i-have-to-be-perfect.aspx

She writes:

Perfectionism is impossible, unachievable and highly overrated

That spoke to me - I need to remind myself - I am not perfect, I am not expected to be perfect, I will never be perfect - and I am okay with the woman I am and the woman who is going forward in life. In fact I need to remind myself that I love the woman I am - I am proud of the woman I am ~ and that I have people in my life that feel the same way, and that's what counts!

How about being Near-Perfect?

She writes about how about striving to be near-perfect instead of setting yourself up to fail by expecting the 100% of yourself right off the bat. To instead to strive for "near-perfection" which I have defined for myself as doing and being "the best I can be in that situation, moment or time" - this should be the goal. I can do that! I can be that!

And being that I am not perfect one of the most important ways I need to let up on myself is judging myself when I have an "Off" day. With all the sad tradegies in the world around us we tend to beat ourselves up when we are down about seemingly simple things in life, or even thoughts ~ and really we shouldn't be. Being not perfect also means giving yourself the space to be "sad, upset, worried, concerned" about whatever it is in life you need to do that with ~ I think the ticket is to not let this "moment in time" stop you from growing, reaching, hoping, dreaming, and loving life. There is so much in my life that I am deeply happy and feel sincerely blessed and humbled by, doesn't mean I can't have my "down" days ~ just means that I bounce back and keep on bouncing!!!

Thank you Kelly for reminding me that I am not perfect - and to remind me that I am okay with this and I am even better I am a perfect example of being the best "NEAR-PERFECT" that I can be!

Hugs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! What an incredible blogpost! I love it! And thx for inspiring me! I love it that people can relate to what I say, it really means a lot to hear other people's perspectives on what I'm saying and I love every word you say. It's so true that we are very hard on ourselves and expect to be perfect. Thx again for being in my life and being my forever friend. (luv ya) (hug ya).