Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gluten Free and loving the options!

As I am a celiac I have really come to have a deep appreciation for good food ~ and since I have become a part of a couple I have found a love of making good food, as now I have someone to share, cook, eat, love and laugh with. We both eat gluten free and both of us have a lactose intolerance so sometimes eating out can be an issue ~ I know I have blogged about my favorite restaurant "The Creperie" but there is another spot that has also earned my commendations because I have never had a bad meal there - and it is honestly the first place I have found that I have had a decent and delicious hamburger at! Yep a gluten dairy free hamburger - really somethings you do crave once you can't have them like you use to ~ anyway I would be talking about the Delux Burger Bar on 142st (Crestwood) ~ I recently wrote a comment on the blog "Gluten Free Edmonton" - which on a side note has been a valuable and informative resource I have come to enjoy reading - new and old posts have so much information about products and restaurants and just living gluten free it's been awesome!!

Back to my post:
"WE have been to both West End locations ~ and I have to say I have never been disappointed with the burger (the guilt free gf free burger and bun) at the 142nd ave location. The burgers have always been juicy and cooked perfectly and on a soft and delicious bun, we have it with the side salad with a little of the vinegarette and it is awesome! Our West Edm. Mall experience was not even close to as good, maybe they are too busy in that location to show the same care in preparation?? We did comment on it while there, and the waiter and host were very good in saying they would research why the other burger was surperb and that our next dining experience there would be fabulous ... haven't tried it yet. The chef at the 142 ave location knows how to make a yummy satisfying gluten free burger! :) "

I have to say there is a real sincere effort in customer satisfaction at the 142nd street location ~ my guy and I were there a couple weeks ago (we had gone to a movie in the mall and decided we wanted a burger and so traveled to the Crestwood location - it's just never disappointed us) and when I was up paying our bill the gentleman at the till asked how our meal was. We had a nice little conversation - we talked about our experience at the WEM location and he was very interested in our observations and thanked me for my honest opinion - I did not complain just simply stated the fact that their burger at this location far surpassed the one in the mall. He then handed me his card, I found out he was one of the managing partners - Jim Skagos - said if I ever have any more issues or comments please to make sure to pass them along. It is that kind of attention to care and detail that I find refreshing in todays service market and one that keeps me as a loyal patron to a business. I sincerely believe that they would look into both locations and see how the can better service, and I just may head over to the WEM location one of these days soon and give them another try ... cuz every so often just gotta have that burger! :)

Cheers

No comments: