Monday, March 25, 2013

A little Art Journalling at the Crop ...

My close friend Dawn and I have been trying to get out to the $5 Late Night Crops at the awesome Urban Scrapbook
- as much as we can - they often have two a month so we are happy if we can get to one for sure and two is a bonus.  Now since I have been captivated by the Mixed Media Art World thanks to Missy Christy Tomlinson I have not been scrapbooking very much ~ a layout here or there ~ my passion lately has been Art Journalling, She Art Workshops, and Mixed Media ... I have had to figure out how to pack and work on Art Journalling pages at the crop.   Now the Urban is not as well set up for this type of art work, simply because they don't have a proper sink for filling up water and washing supplies, there are only a couple plug ins and so I have to get up often to go to a counter to dry my modge or paint ect., but I am working on it and it works good enough ha ha ... I am determined to do the kind of art I am in love with now and crops are a good stretch of time to get some good work done, at home I seldom have 6 hours to allot to sitting and doing my art so crops are a perfect time opportunity to do so.  So I make it work!  ;)

Dawn and I were at the late night crop this last Friday night and I was so very pleased with the page I came away with for my Art Journal ... I wanted to do something vibrant and full of color and use a few different elements like using my modeling paste with acrylic paint ... the red flowers on the page, I also learned an awesome trick from my friend Melanni to stamp images on white tissue paper and then modge these to your art work it gives you a clear image and you can color it once it is down or before hand - I put my little birdie on this way as well as the stamp in the corner.  I had so much fun and can't wait till the next "crop date" with my fabulous friend ... :)

   

No comments: